ORGANISING & RECRUITMENT
- Build capacity of the KUDHEIHA Workers’ leadership, branches, staff and members on membership organization, recruitment and retention strategies.
- Training of Union officials, staff and members on membership organization, recruitment and retention strategies.
- Recruitment of members.
- Development and management of a membership database
- Address demarcation disputes of disputes.
- Ensure full recognition of the Union by all employers in the domestic services, educational institutions, hotels, churches and hospital sub-sectors.
- Adopt modern practices in Collective Bargaining
- Ensure timely, proper and full implementation of CBAs
- Development of appropriate and attractive Union products and services
- Maintain data of the grievances and disputes
- Coordinate the training on Court Procedures, ADR
- Training of members on their rights at work
- Coordinate the training of Union staff
- Collaborate with Tom Mboya Labour College in development of union curriculum and identify the members for training
- Prepare and draft funding proposals for the union.
- Develop the training materials for the workers
RESEARCH & ECONOMICS
- Coordinate research in the union
- Update the union negotiators on wage indicators to assist in the negotiations
- Maintain record of the union CBA’S, Recognition agreements and Membership per sector.
- Coordinate the evaluation on implementation of strategic plan
PUBLIC RELATION & PUBLICITY.
- In-charge of organization and marketing of the union
- Production of marketing materials for the union
- Seek for partnership and collaboration with stakeholders
- Responsible for lobbying and advocacy
- Responsible for organization and recruitment of young people
- Formation of national, regional and branch youth committees
- Advocate for opportunities of young people in the union
- Training of young workers on the benefits of associating with the union
- Responsible for organization and recruitment of women in trade union.
- Formation of national, regional and branch women committees.
- Advocate for opportunities of women in the union.
- Training of women workers on the benefits of associating with the union.